Fin Society takes the privacy of your personal data seriously. This Policy Statement explains our policies and practices in handling personal data.
It is the policy of Fin Society to meet the requirements of the Personal Data (Privacy) Ordinance (Cap. 486 of the laws of Hong Kong) (the “Ordinance”) which governs the treatment of personal data. Fin Society is committed to ensuring that all our committee members will comply with high standards of security and confidentiality regarding the collection, retention and use of any information about you which may constitute personal data under the Ordinance.
2. Collection of personal data
You may be asked to provide information about you which may constitute personal data, including but not limited to, your name, date of birth, nationality, sex, academic and professional qualifications, information about your present employment (including the name of your present employer and position held with such employer), residential and business addresses, phone number(s), fax number(s), email address(es), recent photo of you and any other relevant information to Fin Society via the Fin Society website or through other media acceptable to Fin Society on a voluntary basis for different purposes at different times, including but not limited to the provision of the aforementioned information on the application form to become an affiliate of Fin Society.
3. Purposes of collection of personal data
The personal data collected will be used by Fin Society for the following purposes:
(1) the processing of your application to be an affiliate of Fin Society (in the case of affiliate application form only) or your application to enroll to Fin Society’s activities or programmes (for example, internship, etc.); and
(2) to enable Fin Society to regularly communicate with you on updates, events, projects, services and publications of Fin Society.
It is voluntary for you to supply the information requested to Fin Society. However, Fin Society may not be able to process your application if you fail to provide the information requested on the relevant application forms to become an affiliate or to join an activity/ a programme organized by Fin Society (as the case may be).
4. Transfer and Disclosure of Personal Data
(1) Your personal data may be provided to such committee members within Fin Society whose responsibilities includes accessing personal data and assisting in the processing of your application and the managing of related affairs.
(2) Fin Society will include your name, company and position on its Welcome List emailed to affiliates and in the Affiliates’ Directory on the official website of Fin Society.
(3) We may be required to disclose your personal data when required by law, pursuant to any court order or as requested by any governmental, administrative or law enforcement authorities.
(4) Subject to paragraphs 4(2) and (3) above, personal data about you will not be transferred by us to any other third parties without your prior written consent.
5. Use of personal data for direct marketing purposes
Fin Society intends to use your personal data for direct marketing purposes such that Fin Society may regularly communicate with you on updates, events, projects, services and publications of Fin Society. In this connection, your name, residential and/or business addresses and your phone number(s) held by Fin Society from time to time may be used by Fin Society for such direct marketing purposes.
Fin Society may not so use your personal data unless it has received your consent, which includes an indication of no objection. If you do not wish Fin Society to use your personal data for direct marketing purposes as described above, you may so indicate in the application form to become an affiliate of Fin Society or notify Fin Society at any time by email to Fin Society at email@example.com.
6. Security of personal data collected
7. Right of access and correction of personal data
You have a right of access and correction regarding your personal data free of charge. Your right of access includes the right to obtain a copy of the personal data that Fin Society holds about you. Any such request should be addressed to the [Data Protection Officer] of Fin Society by post at Rm 1601-07, 16/F Nan Fung Tower, 88 Connaught Road Central, Hong Kong, or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org, or by fax at (852) 3425 4782.